When I took my 12,000 mile road trip, people I’d never met and also old friends helped me find my way.
I’m writing to ask for help with my text trip. This time I’ll be out speaking about the book, The Revolution Where You Live: Stories from a 12,000-Mile Journey Through a New America.
I’m looking for opportunities to speak to groups, to read at bookstores, and to meet with people who are teaching and learning about how to do powerful local work, building resistance, renewal, and resilience.
Can you help?
Here are the plans I’ve got so far. I’m looking for other opportunities …
- January 23, BOOK LAUNCH!!! at Seattle’s Elliott Bay Bookstore
- January 25, Powell’s Bookstore, Portland, Oregon
- January 26, Eagle Harbor Bookstore, Bainbridge Island, Washington
- January 27-28, Whidbey Institute, invitational gathering, Washington
- January 28, Coupeville WA Library
- February 1, East Coast LAUNCH at Politics and Prose Bookstore in Washington, DC.
- February 2, Red Emma’s, Baltimore MD
- February 9, Bluestockings, 172 Allen Street, New York, NY 10002
- February 15 in Great Barrington, MA, at Bard College at Simon’s Rock
- February 16, Jamaica Plains Forum, Boston MA
- February 17 and 18, more events in the Boston area
- week of February 19 in Wisconsin
- March 1-4, Media Consortium gathering of progressive media leaders in Washington, D.C.
- week of March 6: San Francisco Bay area at Commonwealth Club, Book Smith, and Book Passage.
- March 6: Commonwealth Club, San Francisco
- March 13-20: Back in the Seattle area
- March 23-April 15, in Europe, beginning with a speech at the Forum 3 in Stuttgart
- May 19, keynote at the National Co-Housing Conference in Nashville, Tenn.
Contact me here if you have ideas of places I should visit. THANKS!
I had such fun meeting people on my road trip – hoping to meet more of you on this next round.